Ecommerce integration

Hi,

is there any documentation about sending ecommerce data? I could not find any reference.

Thanks,
Markus

Hello @mbaersch and welcome to our community!

We have recently created a documentation article related to eCommerce Statistics, hopefully here you can find the answer to your question: eCommerce Statistics | Get The Most Out of Your Online Store

If not, please feel free to respond this message and I will escalate the ticket to find the specific answer.

Thank you!
Jorge

1 Like

Thanks, that`s exactly what I was looking for. So it is basically 100% compatible with GA4 ecommerce payloads and event names… that will surely help :wink:

best,
Markus

2 Likes

BTW: the parameter description for the “share” event does not reference items but only an item_id and content_type while the example code matches the structure of other ecom events. I guess the example is correct and the description outdated(?)

best,
Markus

1 Like

implemented a few tests and sent a lot of ecom events via console but I cannot see any data in reports. Also, sending custom events still is not working. I prepared a static HTML page with standard tracking code and just code for sending events and a purchase but events fail with a 500 and ecom seems to leave the browser with no sign of problems but does not populate reports. If you want to take a look at my test page: TWIPLA Testseite | AKW24

Can you spot what`s wrong here?

best
Markus

1 Like

@mbaersch Im happy that we were able to help you! :grin:

In terms of the ‘share event’ you’re right, I have just communicated this to the team and we will update it asap, thank you!

In regards to your test, I will take a look into all the details above and escalate the ticket to receive a correct response.

Thanks for your time!
Jorge

1 Like

Hi @mbaersch ,

I wanted to update you that the development team has confirmed the resolution of the issue. It appears that the lack of e-commerce events was linked to your unlimited voucher. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,
Jorge

1 Like

Thanks, ecom now indeed is working and I ca continue testing. However, I still fail when trying to send any kind of custom event which you can still reproduce on my test page. Is there hope for a similar reason and solution?

best
Markus

Hello @mbaersch,

To progress on the petition it would be great to check if its receiving the custom events data, please: Go to your ecommerce page > add an item to the card (if you have setted that as a custom event) > open the Console (CTRL + SHIFT + J) > Network > on filter type: ecomm

Can you please share me an screenshot of the query result?

Thank you!

Custom Events are not a problem anymore - on the test page there is still an error but it is my own “fault” because I try to send an integer where an object is expected. But without this wrong parameter, events flow now andf I can see them in reports